When you are trying to check NetBackup 6 or 7 catalog with NBCC (NetBackup Catalog Consistency Check) utility at Windows, you get an error: «The filesystem for the outputnbccserver.fqdn.name_NBCC_DATE_TIME directory either doesn’t have 1024000 KB of space available. Evaluate the space available and the potential space requirements needed by NBCC to perform the consistency checks and look at the potential usage of the -kbfree command line switch.»
When NBCC checks for free space at a disc, it parses output of DIR command. It looks for the last string at the output which looks like “123,456,789 bytes free”. If you are NOT using a comma (,) as a digit grouping symbol or if you are running NON-ENGLISH version of Windows, NBCC can’t check for free space.
If you are using english version of Windows, just go to «Regional and Language Options» and set «Standards and formats» to the «English (United States)». You can revert it back after NBCC will done.
If you are using non-english version of Windows, run the “nbcc -kbfree 0” command to skip disk free space check.
You can use the same method to avoiding «NBCC aborts with error “Can’t use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference” on a non-English Windows master server» instead of ridiculous Symantec’s methods.
While HP doesn’t support Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 as operating system for DL3x0 G4, you can install this software to it as usual. But after installation you find out no information at “HP System Management Homepage”.
This happens because neither WBEM components, nor HP Insight Management Agents cannot be installed.
When you try to install WBEM/HPIMA manually, you receive following error:
Installation for “HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions” requires one or more of the following that is not currently installed or in the install set:
– HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows
– HP ProLiant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver for Windows
- Download HP ProLiant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows Server 2008 x64 Editions (cp010914.exe) to the server.
- Extract downloaded file with integrated extract feature.
- Set the compatibility mode for cpqsetup.exe as “Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)”.
- Run cpqsetup.exe, installation should works fine.
- Install HP Insight Management Agents/WBEM as usual.
- Also, one unknown device will disappear from Device Manager — it is called “HP ProLiant iLO2 Advanced System Management Controller” from now.
When you are trying to update or install a driver via CompMgmt.msc and click “Update driver”, nothing happens. Also, you get an errors in System log:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: PlugPlayManager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 264
Client side device installation was not performed because the file "C:WINDOWSsystem32newdev.dll" was not found.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Just extract NEWDEV.DL_ from distributive of Windows Server 2003 to %SYSTEMROOT%System32newdev.dll.